Angela really wants Christmas cookies for our office party on Thursday and here I am cooking up Christmas soap, a recipe from It’s Gravy Baby.
The “recipe” calls for items that you may already have around the house, plus the process is easy peasy.
- a bar of white soap
- food coloring
- cookie cutters or candy molds
- Grate your bar of soap. Find your kitchen grater, you need approximately one cup of grated soap.
- Divide your grated soap into bowls. One bowl for each color you want. About 1/4 cup in each bowl to make 4 colors.
- Add a bit of hot water to each bowl- a little less than a tablespoon per bowl. Use a spoon or fork to mash it all together until you reach a good consistency and all of the pieces are incorporated.
- Add a few drops of food colors, mixing until you reach your desired color.
- Press soap mixture into cookie cutters or molds and freeze.
Line a baking pan with waxed paper for easy clean up. You’ll want to freeze them for at least a few hours or overnight.
Now you have cute stocking stuffers or good clean fun gifts for the little neighbors!
Just in case any of the Christmas Crayons are mistaken for cookies, keep this handy Doctor’s Case close by for an Rx. Wink wink…