This time of year, there are lots of these colorful little plastic eggs, like everywhere. This week’s Recipe for Fun is a tried and true one offering a tasty way to fill them. Round up the kids and whip up a batch of good old Rice Krispie treats and have some fun trying to fill them. Please believe me, the only not easy part is the disappearing filler.
Tried and True Recipe – Rice Krispie Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula stuff mixture into your little plastic eggs which are perfect molds.
Tip: If your house is anything like ours, you will want to double this recipe to compensate for the disappearing filler.