Where in the world is the Easter Bunny? Now, just like tracking Santa on Christmas Eve, you can track the Easter Bunny. One of the most popular ways to track the Easter Bunny this year will be with iPhone apps.
This Easter Bunny Tracker allows iPhone users to track the bunny using a map, plus…. you can even send emails to the Easter Bunny right from the phone.
Several times each day, you will receive new blogs with beautiful graphics and entertaining audio as the characters present a tale of friendship, pride and forgiveness. An interactive globe and radar map add to the realism as you track the exact whereabouts of the Easter Bunny as he travels thousands of cities the night before Easter. This could be an opportune time for teaching your children about time zones.
While using your iPhone’s location, you will know how long until the Easter Bunny enters a tunnel near you. You will be also able to communicate with the Easter Bunny via text.
Another site promises to track the Easter Bunny on the web, but we are not sure if it will be up-and-running because it’s not working yet and the bunny will be delivering his eggs soon!
Rockhopper has also launched an Easter Bunny tracker for 2011, and you just have to refresh the page keep track.
Forget a pencil and paper, email the Easter Bunny and he’ll email you back!
Technophiles, “App”y Easter Suzanne Kantra of Techlicious.com recommends the following apps and game:
- ClickySticky Easter Eggs (99 cents on iTunes): For the kids to decorate eggs, fill baskets, and build Easter bunnies without the mess with this sticker app.
- 3D Easter Bunny Tracker (99 cents on iTunes): Track the Easter bunny as he hops around the world delivering eggs. Zoom in on any location on the 3-D globe.
- Easter Recipes & Meals ($1.41 on Android Market): Looking for a new twist on a traditional Easter dish? Find more than 75 recipes for everything from side dishes to lamb to desserts. Chocolate-covered pecan Easter eggs, anyone?
Android Marketplace shoppers can take advantage of the apps and games below, suggests diablolita on Appolicious:
- Easter Egg Matcher Free: This free app is a nice-looking, easy Easter game that has you match Easter eggs in rows, and once you get three in a row it disappears (a la Bejeweled). Kid-friendly.
- Easter Day Cards: This app is easy to use and cute. It has 25 templates that you can customize to make Easter cards. Add your own photos and share via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Kid-safe.
And finally, Megan Lavey of TUAW recommends these for some holiday fun:
- Easter Basket Maker: If you’re one who likes to create an Easter basket, this $1.99 app will allow you to make virtual baskets, then save on the expense and calories by letting you email the final result to a loved one.
- If you like zombies with your Easter games, check out the $0.99 Bunny the Zombie Slayer.
Try our favorite recipe for roasted carrots. Remember before you start cooking – leave an extra bunch out for the Easter Bunny……
Roasted Carrots with Shallots & Thyme
Ingredients needed for 4 servings:
- 2 pounds small- to medium-size carrots
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F. Place rack in center of oven.
Peel carrots if desired and trim green top, leaving about 1/2–inch. Cut larger carrots in half lengthwise and place in a rimmed baking sheet. Add shallots and thyme; drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Totally Kids will be closed Saturday, April 23 & Sunday, April 24 to enjoy time with our friends and families.
Question? What does the Easter Rabbit get for making a basket? Answer: two points, just like everyone else.