Did you know how easy it is to make Moon Sand, (the sand that you can mold) at home? Even with this recipe it is amazing moldable, holdable, squishable, squashable, sand that never dries out!
Now that you know there’s not need for a trip to the moon or the store, here is the recipe for DIY Moon Sand:
- 6 cups of play sand (really fine sand) found at Home Depot or Lowes
- 3 cups of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- Mix the water and cornstarch together thoroughly, this will take a few minutes to get it nice and smooth.
- Gradually mix in the sand, one cup at a time. You’ll need to really work it in with your fingers. Little fingers especially like assisting with this task.
- Play with it!
- Once mixed, store it in an airtight container.
- When you next play with it, you may need to revive it with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Just sprinkle it over and work it in.
Play sand comes in different colors, so buy different colored bags if you wish.
If it’s really a trip to the moon that you were looking forward to, here is the rocketship to get you there!
Blast off and have fun!