If your house is anything like ours this time of year, there are lots of these empty colorful little plastic eggs lying about. This week’s Recipe for Fun offers a tasty way to fill them. Round up the kids and whip up a batch of good old Rice Krispie treats.
Tried and True Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula stuff mixture into your little plastic eggs which are perfect molds.