Last year we collected a basket full of those ever plentiful, colorful little plastic Easter Eggs and turned them into our favorite treats. This was voted the most favorite cook together. Round up your kiddos and give it a try. This time, we are changing it up a bit and hiding some M&Ms in the centers of the Rice Krispies as we shape them into eggs.
Tried and True Easter Egg Stuffing Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.
3. Using a buttered spatula, stuff the mixture into your little plastic eggs which you will see are perfect molds.
WARNING: Two batches may be necessary to fill your eggs. At our house, the stuffing disappears quickly before making it to stuff the eggs.
We’re hoping your family enjoys This Week’s Recipe For Fun!