Not your second cousin twice removed’s wedding, but hip hip hooray let’s celebrate National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day 2014! Who doesn’t enjoy a good old grilled cheese? There are so many variations, and methods of grilling/cooking this comfort food.
My all time favorite is the Johnny Depp method. Wearing a ric rack trimmed apron in the1993 movie Benny and Joon, Sam cooks a stack of grilled cheese using a hot iron and ironing board. Have you, or do you even know anyone who has tried this method? Whenever I’m thinking grilled cheese, there is never an iron and ironing board handy. Besides, it sort seems like a “only in the movies” thing anyway.
With peaked curiosity look what I found? Real life people cooking the Johnny Depp way. Grilled Cheese Social has a step by step pictorial for those wishing to perfect this method.
Jamie Oliver has his revolutionary unconventional tipped on it’s side toaster way. I see an I hate Jamie Oliver cheesy mess of a toaster here.
The cooking method is up to you. Totally Kids fun furniture & toys has the equipment for cooking up some super good pretend grilled cheese sandwiches.
We have the iron and ironing board.
We have the toaster, bread and butter. You add the cheese.
We have the traditional kitchen.
We even have a deluxe stainless steel frying pan.
If you are looking for a more gourmet grilled cheese, give some of these recipes a taste test. Menue
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese – The Pioneer Woman’s thumbs up
- Avocado Grilled Cheese – Anything avocado has to be good.
- Hickory Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese – Two Maids a Milking always have the right idea.
- Mozzarella Grilled Cheese – Almost a pizza.
- Smoked Gouda and Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Cheese – A complete meal here.
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Hot hot hot!
- Bacon, Egg and Maple Grilled Cheese – Breakfast with this one.
- French Onion Grilled Cheese – Soup and a sandwich all in one.
Grab a can of tomato soup and have a Cheesy Celebration!