Peter Cottontail will soon be hopping down the Bunny Trail. At our house this always signals it’s time to gather up last years collection of those empty colorful little plastic eggs and use them to create some tasty Easter treats. For this week’s Recipe for Fun, round up the kiddos, and whip up a couple batches of good old Rice Krispie treats, then stuff it into the plastic eggs. You’ll love this easy peasy cook together for kids of all ages. WARNING: one batch is never enough. It always tends to disappear before the eggs get filled
Tried and True Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula stuff mixture into your little plastic eggs which are perfect molds.