Who hasn’t eaten some green eggs and ham? Have you ever put a cat on your hat, or a hat on your cat?
Happy birthday Dr. Seuss! He was born Theodor Seuss Geisel in Springfield, Massachusetts on this day way back in the year of 1904.
With 46 published picture books, Dr. Seuss is considered one of the greatest children’s book writers and illustrators of all time. How many of his books have you read over and over and over? I remember knowing my son at age 2 was a genius when he “read” his first Dr.Seuss book aloud, over and over and over.
How would you eat your Green Eggs? Well, first you might want to learn how to make them. So Wonderful So Marvelous holds the secret Seuss-y recipe, Hop on Pop and head over to lean how.
On fish, two fish. You can make them too fish and learn how over at Simple Girl.
These are some of our favorite Seuss-isms, what are yours?
1. “You have brains in your head. you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”
2. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. there is no one alive, who is you-er than you.”
3. “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
4. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
5. “Today is your day! You’re mountain is waiting. So…get on your way.”
6. “If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”
7. “I meant what I said, and said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful, one hundred percent.”
8. “So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
9. “And you will succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.”
10. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
Celebrate the birthday of Dr. Seuss today at Totally Kids fun furniture & toys! You will receive 30% OFF your entire order! All you must do is share with us your favorite Dr. Seuss quote. This must be done at the time of placing your order, not valid on prior purchases, with gift cards or other offers.
So…“Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!”